Saturday, June 29, 2013

Family Movie Night Featuring: BEAUTY & THE BEAST

**75 Days til Disney!!**
Last night we had our 3rd Disney Family Movie night which featured one of my childhood favorites, Beauty & the Beast. Disney first introduced us to Belle and the gang back in November 1991. Hard to believe the movie is nearly 22 years old!!
With the recent expansion of New Fantasyland, Cinderella isn't the only one with a castle at Walt Disney World. The Enchanted Forest includes Be Our Guest Restaurant, where according to WDW's website, you can "feast in one of 3 incredible dining rooms in the middle of Beast's Castle." Also included in the experiences are Enchanted Tales with Belle and Gaston's Tavern. Along with all these new attractions, MGM Hollywood Studios still has Beauty and the Beast - Live on Stage. It was pretty much a no brainer to include this movie in our countdown...
And now I invite you to relax, pull up a chair as I proudly present - our dinner!
I had a lot of fun decorating for this movie night. I purchased a small bouquet of fake roses from Dollar General for $3 which is more than I would have liked to but that's all I had. I plucked the blooms off the stem and placed them under some wine glasses to represent the rose in the West Wing. I borrowed a teapot from my Grandma and I already had the old books. Belle is a bookworm, after all!

Sorry about the low quality pictures.
When I edited them to add my blog address it seems they got a little blurry.
For our menu I chose a few items Lumiere sings about in Be Our Guest:
Hot hor d'oeurves (honey bbq chicken bites and loaded baked potato puffs)...
I added the French bread and champagne Sparkling Grape juice.
Notice some of the hor d'oeurves are missing... 


I made these chicken cordon bleu crescents but they got a little overdone. 


Try the grey stuff, it's delicious!
I attempted to make this strawberry rose shortcake. Not too bad but I didn't realize I was out of cool whip...

Lil got to decorate a mirror I bought for a $1.50 from DG. She put some Belle and princess stickers on the back. I printed a picture of the Beast and taped it onto the mirror. The image wasn't quite big enough, as you can see.



She really thought that was cool. It came with another mini mirror that she carried around most of the night.



And here are the movie tickets we love to use!
I have really enjoyed doing all of these movie nights. I can't believe we're less than 3 months out from our first family trip to Walt Disney World!! I'll soon be posting about some items to make sure you include when packing for Disney...some great Dollar Tree finds! I'm still trying to decide which movie to do for our next movie night. I'm a member of the Disney Movie Club and should soon be receiving Lilo & Stitch so I'm planning on using it. We'll see!
See ya real soon!
Casey

No comments:

Post a Comment