Monday, June 24, 2013

Family Movie Night Featuring: CINDERELLA

**85 Days til Disney**
(and a few less than that now, again!)

 
Cinderelly, Cinderelly
Night and day it's Cinderelly
Make the fire, fix the breakfast
Wash the dishes, do the mopping
                                                 -Work Song (Cinderelly)
 
Ah, Cinderella. One of the classics.
This was one of the first Disney movies Lil started watching...and watching. Almost every night before bed, she requests I sing "A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes" and it warms my heart.

For our second Family Movie Night, Lil requested we feature Cinderella and I could not agree more.
Arguably the most iconic landmark at Walt Disney World, for years Cinderella's Castle has brought tears to the eyes of kids and adults alike as they enter Magic Kingdom and stroll down Main Street USA. I'm so excited to announce that I have made ADRs (Advanced Dining Reservations) to dine at Cinderella's Royal Table, located inside the castle. This is a pretty big deal and I'm really looking forward to it, especially because we are going first thing in the morning, before the park opens, which will allow for some great photo opportunities.

To prepare for our movie night, I had to figure out what to put on the menu. Cindy went from being a peasant to royalty so it was a hard decision to make. Do I choose an elaborate feast, fit for a princess or stick to a simple meal a servant girl would eat? I picked the decorations based on her signature color and looked at my favorite store, The Dollar Tree, for craft and activity ideas.

Thanks to Momma's Playground for these movie tickets!
 
 
The table set up...
Candy jewelry, princess sponges, costume necklaces,
steamers and table cloth all $1/ea from Dollar Tree!


One of the crafts...Cinderella stamp.
We also got the princess sponges wet and stamped paper but that got soggy real quick!

 
Another activity...dressed Lil up in her Cindy outfit, including
the tiara she won from a baby pageant when she was only 6 months old!


Decided on a Royal Feast for the Menu:
Turkey Mignon, Baby Bakers, Gus-Gus' Golden Corn, and
Ham & Cheese Carriage Wheels (made with crescent rolls, ham and shredded cheese)
For Dessert:
Cindy's Strawberries and Fairy Godmother's Marshmallows, both dipped in white chocolate.


As I prepared dinner, Lil also got to play outside in bubbles, just like the Sing Sweet Nightingale scene in the movie. During dinner, we tried to stack as many corn kernels as we could, like Gus does. I got up to five before my hungry Lil mouse snatched mine and ate them! When Fairy Godmother first appears, she can't find her wand. I purchased a glow in the dark wand from Dollar Tree and gave it to Lil during Bibbidi-Bobbidi-Boo to enjoy throughout the rest of the movie. I had a lot on hand already so I only spent $6 other than food, well below my $10 budget.

I'm not exceptionally pleased with the details of this movie night but Lil still had fun. Stay tuned for our next Family Movie Night Featuring: Beauty and the Beast! Our nights are a little off for the countdown but we're still enjoying them and will continue to do so until we leave for WDW!
Thanks for stopping in! Feel free to share your family movie night ideas!

See ya real soon!
Casey
 

No comments:

Post a Comment