Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Part of My World

Welcome to my blog! I'm glad you found your way here. I've been debating for quite some time whether or not to start this. There are so many successful, informative blogs out there with a variety of Disney material but I decided I needed an outlet for myself. I'm guessing that my hundreds of "friends" on Facebook are probably not as excited for all things Disney as I am so what better way to express my love than to create a blog about my family and all of our magical Disney moments.

I chose the name "Up Where They Walk" because my all-time favorite Disney film is The Little Mermaid. It came out just a few years after I was born and has remained a beloved movie ever since. I was so excited to introduce my daughter to Ariel, Sebastian, and even Ursula. It is almost humorous to me to watch Lil reenact the very scenes I loved to perform when I was her age!

In just 100 short days, we will be making the first of many family trips to Walt Disney World and I couldn't be more thrilled!! Although it won't be my first trip, experiencing it through the eyes of my little girl will make it just as magical! When I was four, I visited Disneyland with my mother and aunts. I've been hooked ever since. I first experienced Walt Disney World when I was 12, with my parents and brother. It was a one day event, seeing Magic Kingdom only and I don't really recall it being all that amazing. However, I was given an opportunity to go at little cost when a friend invited me to go with her family sophomore year of college. We had a week long stay at Caribbean Beach Resort and this is when I really fell in love with the magic. My now-husband and I then stayed off site the next year. That's been four years ago...so I'm definitely ready to go again!

As I said, we're 100 days out from our trip so I'll be sharing a variety of Disney countdowns as we prepare for vacation. We're starting with a family movie night countdown. Every ten days or so we'll be watching a Disney movie with dinner and activities matching the theme. Come back soon to see all the fun from our first family movie night featuring Finding Nemo.

Thanks for visiting!


Casey



No comments:

Post a Comment