Thursday, June 13, 2013

For the Disney Daddy

If you're a Disney fan, you've surely noticed the lack of a matriarch in most Disney movies. The bond between the main character, especially the Princesses, and their Dad is undeniable.
 
Who's your favorite Disney Dad? I suppose mine might be Ariel's dad, King Triton. Maybe it's because I simply love the movie...or maybe it's because I see such a similarity to my life. My dad has always been a little over protective of his little girl, never hesitating to step in when he thought I might be getting in over my head.
 
If you're struggling with what to get for the Dad in your life this Father's Day, check out the list of gift ideas I've compiled. Be sure to click the link to see the how-to. I hope this helps!
 
Number 1
 
Last year, my aunt helped me out by printing this awesome vintage-looking Daddyland Coupon Book for Lil to give to her Daddy. I'm not certain he even got the connection to Disney...as I said, my husband is just along for the ride! I, however, loved the Disneyland-inspired gift.
 
Number 2
 
 She also gave me a copy of this coloring printable featuring Mickey Mouse and Pluto. Ours didn't look quite this neat once Lil was done with it, although I did help her out a little bit!
 
Number 3
 
This picture was taken last year on Father's Day. My husband's birthday is just the following week so it worked out perfectly that I could use a picture from our fishing adventure for his gift. Lil painted the plaque, I Mod-Podged the picture on and after it dried I framed it out with twine. We wrote a message on the back and dated it. I can't believe how little she was!
 
 
Number 4
 
How cute are these stache jars featured on artsy-fartsy mama's blog??
Load it up with Dad's favorite candy or even let him use it for a change jar!!
 
Number 5

This notepad is sure to come in handy for Dad. I love the simplicity of this gift! 
 
 
Number 6
 
 It's not the outside, it's the inside that counts!
Decorate this Fold-Out Photo Gallery for Dad to carry and show off to all his friends!
 
Number 7
 
I absolutely love this! But I've tried and tried to find more than just a picture online but haven't had any luck. Appears as though it's from Firehouse Pottery. Whether you do it on paper or a ceramic plate, this is pretty neat. Of course, any variation of a hand/foot print gift is a good one!
 
Number 8
 
 
 We're kind of big Monsters, Inc fans around here. It's such a funny movie and this keychain cracks me up. Get it...Eye'm the man?!?! Love it! We have a laminator at work I might see if I can use for this very project! I'm sure my husband would love to carry such a cool key ring!

Number 9
 
Aren't these so stinkin' cute?! Lil and I made these guys by just gluing eyes onto some decorative rocks and painting a smile on with a red craft pen. I plan on putting each one in a little bag with a label that says, "You Rock, Daddy!" I'll change it up for my dad and grandpa. They were just so simple and adorable. Lil actually wanted to sleep with one last night!
 
Number 10
 
For Mother's Day, Lil had help filling out an "all about mom" questionnaire. I really enjoyed it and look forward to doing one each year. To match the one I received, I decided to print one for us to fill out for my husband. This one found at Kinzie's Kreations was cute and I found a variety of others but had a difficult time downloading them. I decided to create my own; it's not this pretty but it works!
 
 
There are a million and one Father's Day gift ideas floating around online. Just do a quick Google search or spend some time on Pinterest and you're sure to find more. I'm notorious for procrastinating so I enjoy these quick, easy ideas! Hope my list helps!
 
See ya real soon!
Casey 

No comments:

Post a Comment